Friday, March 12, 2010

RIP Mike D






This day four years ago my friends and I suffered a tragic loss with the death of our friend Micheal Dowdy (better known as Mike D). He was killed in a motorcycle accident and I will not forget the moment when I got the phone call and then had to call two other friends that were very close to break the news. My best friend Jep had been napping and watching NASCAR and when I called and he wasnt quite awake yet. I didnt know what to say. I was speechless. Then I just said "He's gone. Mike D is gone." He didnt get it at first and then I said "Mike is dead!" Jep lost it. He called me a liar and was screaming and yelling. I drove to his house to get him and we went to the hospital. There must have been 100 people there. A group of around 10 of us went back to where he was and the doc asked if any of us wanted to go in and see him to say goodbye. We all declined, except Jep. He had to see it for himself. It was like he didnt believe it. I guess none of us wanted to believe it. I wasnt the closet to Mike but we hung out often and I never had a bad time with him. My favorite memory of him is when him and I were on Beale St in Memphis with our friends to see a concert. After the concert, Mike and I got seperated from the group for awhile and we had a blast just doing what we did best - act goofy.

Scott, Brodie, Jep, Chubbs, Alex and his other very close friends were very shaken but everyone came together to support one another. I know there is not a day that goes by that Scott doesnt miss his best friend and partner in crime.

There are so many good memories and stories about Mike D and his jokes and his demeanor. I could say alot of things about Micheal but the best way I can put it is he lived life to the fullest! Always smiling, always fun loving and most of all the best and most loyal friend you could ask for.


I just wanted to take a little time to blog and remember Mike D!

We love you and miss you very much my friend!

No comments: